Are you interested in switching up your skincare, haircare, or self-care routine but not sure which brands to buy from?
Then you came to the right place.
We rounded up our top 12 favorite brands of 2021 and wanted to share them with you.
Some of these brands have been around for a few years, while others are startups that gained traction during 2020.
But each brand has one thing in common - they are a staple in any self-care routine and are constantly evolving and innovating the skincare and beauty industry, whether it be with their formulas, manufacturing, or sustainability.
These brands are essential players in the self-care, skincare, and beauty industry, and we are eager to watch them continue to thrive in 2021.
So here are 12 killer beauty and self-care brands to buy from this year!
Beneath Your Mask is a skin, body, and hair care brand designed with rejuvenation in mind. The goal of each of their products is to repair and reverse the toxic effects of environmental hazards, stress, and health difficulties created from our daily lives.
Beneath Your Mask's CEO, Dana went on an intense personal healing journey, and from that journey, she created a product line that is focused on transforming and nourish your skin and hair.
Beneath Your Mask wants to help all people feel comfortable in their own skin.
Best Beneath Your Mask Products
- Heal Whipped Skin Soufflé
- Nourishing Skin & Hair Serum
- Illuminate Clarifying Face Mask
Why We Love Beneath Your Mask
- Products are packaged in glass (absolutely no plastic in their packaging)
- Products contain whole food, healing ingredients sources from around the world
- Beneath Your Mask's CEO Dana has an incredible story - check it out here
adwoa (pronounced ahh-ju-wah) is a gender-neutral hair care brand that focuses on multi-cultural hair textures.
The adwoa team has created an extremely effective product line that produces great results. The products use ingredients that are concentrated, and that utilize both natural and effective lab-tested ingredients to help your hair see instant results.
The brand focuses on total transparency in its ingredient lists with an added emphasis on non-toxic ingredients.
Top adwoa beauty Products
- baomint moisturizing curl defining gel
- baomint moisturizing shampoo
- baomint deep conditioning treatment
Why We Love adwoa beauty
- Natural and science-backed ingredients
- Products designed for all types of hair textures
- Extremely moisturizing ingredients to maintain and define naturally curly and kinky hair
Youth to the People is a cult classic skincare brand that focuses on superfood dense products, which are a result of three generations of family formulas.
Youth to the People products are consciously sourced and nutrient-dense, packed full of superfood blends.
All of their products are created with pro-grade vegan actives, which result in radiant and nourished skin.
All products are made in California with sustainable business practices.
Top Youth to the People Products
- Kale + Green Tea Superfood Cleanser
- Superclay Purify + Clear Power Mask
- Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream
Why We Love Youth to the People
- Products are never tested on animals
- Strong ethos - social justice and sustainability are baked into the brand
- Total transparency in their formulas
Allies of Skin is a clinically tested and proven, highly effective skincare brand.
Their product line contains only thoroughly researched ingredients and clinically proven actives to create one incredible formula. The brand made a promise that their products never contain fillers or irritants.
Their formulas are modern, sophisticated, and smart, with a variety of ingredients that work together to produce the best results possible.
Not only that, but the brand is extremely transparent with their percentages and with exactly what goes into the price of their products.
Top Allies of Skin Products
- 20% Vitamin C Brighten and Firm Serum
- Promise Keeper Blemish Sleeping Facial
- 1A Retinal & Peptide Overnight Mask
Why We Love Allies of Skin
- Strong ethos and transparency about ingredient list and price point
- Supercharged concentrations of clinically proven actives that work to heal and protect skin
- PETA-Certified Cruelty-Free
R+Co is an infamous brand in its own right, with a long product list of reasonably priced and high-performing hair care products found at most major salons.
But, with R+Co Bleu, the brand has elevated its collection, ingredient list, and packaging to create less waste and overall environmental impact, without sacrificing quality. R+Co Bleu is still bringing high-powered and well-researched formulas to its customers.
Top R+Co Bleu Products
- Ingenious Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner
- Primary color shampoo and conditioner
- De Lux Reparative Shampoo Conditioner
Why We Love R+Co Bleu
- Formulas that are free of parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, and petrolatum
- Products are vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free, and safe for color-treated hair
- Bottles and jars are made of 100% post-consumer recycled material
Dr. Rose Ingelton is a board-certified dermatologist who holds over two decades of experience, creating customized skincare regimes for her clients.
And her work is so effective, Dr. Ingleton branched out and created her own product line that is powerful, effective, and blends natural fruit extracts that are native to her home island of Jamaica.
Rose Ingleton MD products focus on simplicity, with formulas using nutrient-rich and superfood ingredients that nourish the skin. Each product contains a powerful blend of skin-enhancing extracts from Jamaican superfoods, which include bilberry, lemon, sugar maple, and hyaluronic acid.
Top ROSE Ingleton MD Products
- ROSE Ingleton MD Complexion Brightening Booster
- ROSE Ingleton MD Signature Moisturizer
- ROSE Ingleton MD Retexturizing Booster
Why We Love ROSE Ingleton MD
- Dermatologist tested and approved formulas
- Superfood ingredient and a simplistic approach to skincare
- Clean ingredients that nourish and improve overall skin health
ILIA is a cosmetic brand focused on clean and skin-forward beauty. ILIA products work to enhance your natural skin, not cover it.
The brand focused on a combination of natural and healthy synthetic ingredients that work together in perfect harmony to create a beautiful natural look.
ILIA wants to challenge the clean beauty industry and create a radical product line that will protect, nourish, and revive skin.
Top ILIA Products
- Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40
- True Skin Radiant Priming Serum
- True Skin Serum Foundation
Why We Love ILIA
- SPF driven formulas that protect your skin all-day
- Sustainable packaging - recycled aluminum, glass components, and responsibly sourced paper
- Transparency with their formulas
Self-care is extremely important, and no other brand helps you practice self-care and relaxation like Aromatherapy Associates.
This luxury wellbeing brand offers therapeutic essential oil bends that will help you get more sleep, see increased energy, and reduce stress.
Aromatherapy Associates's signature oil blends are sustainably and ethically sourced and hand-crafted with your wellbeing in mind, straight from their Master Blender.
Top Aromatherapy Associates Products
- Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil
- Deep Relax Sleep Mist
- Moment of Rose Indulgence
- De-Stress Muscle Shower Oil
Why We Love Aromatherapy Associates
- Certified B-corp
- Ethically sourced and hand-crafted
- Aim to improve energy and build positivity and optimism
Isla Beauty (pronounced eye-luh) was launched in 2020 and is already making huge waves in 2021.
Isla Beauty sources the highest level of expertise and ingredients from around the globe to create products that actually work. The brand prides itself on its innovation in its formulas and manufacturing.
Isla also aims to save you money, by getting rid of the retail markup and the expensive overhead typically tacked on to products in the beauty industry. Their only determining factor in the price is the cost - making the products more affordable.
Each of their products is tested by independent third-party scientists to help ensure quality and that the products live up to their claims.
Top Isla Products
- Tone Balance Elixir
- Storm Serum
- Snow Scrub Exfoliator
Why We Love Isla
- NO-S (Natural Origin-Synthetic) labeling system.
- No retail markup - saves customers money
- Total transparency in ingredients and percentages
If you're an Insecure fan, then you will be excited to hear that Sienna Naturals is co-owned by none other than Issa Rae. Together with founder and CEO Hannah Diop, Sienna Naturals provides clean care for textured hair.
Sienna Naturals focus their product line on scalp and hair health. Their product line focuses on ingredients that are nourishing to the hair and good for the plant.
Sienna Naturals have created formulas that are 100% free of harsh sulfates, parabens, silicones, phthalates, petroleum, mineral oil, formaldehyde, artificial fragrances, and dyes.
The brand also focuses on education and has found a new method of approaching textured hair care. Their product line is backed by science, but with none of the ingredients that are harmful to your health.
Top Sienna Naturals Products
- H.A.P.I Shampoo
- Dew Magic Leave-In Conditioner
- Daily Elixir Scalp Oil
- Untangled Conditioner
Why We Love Sienna Naturals
- Clean ingredient list
- Free of harsh sulfates, parabens, silicones, and dyes
- Focuses on best scalp and hair health for textured hair
- Want to provide a tool for freedom of expression and to celebrate black hair
Rare Beauty is a beauty brand brought to you by Selena Gomez. The line provides its clients with high quality products at affordable prices. Rare Beauty is all about celebrating your natural self, with products that highlight the natural beauty of its customers.
Rare Beauty also prides itself on being champions of mental health, providing resources and ways to support various organizations that are working to combat the stigma of mental health.
Top Rare Beauty Products
- Soft Pink Liquid Blush
- Liquid Touch Weightless Foundation
- Positive Light Liquid Luminizer
Why We Love Rare Beauty
- Great quality products at affordable prices
- Its Rare Impact Initiatives - The company supports and offers resources and donations to various mental health causes
- Leaves its customers with a natural and glowy look
What are your favorite brands of 2021? Let us know your favorite brands to practice selfcare with.
Ready to turn your customers into your army of brand ambassadors? If so, check out CrewFire's epic demo video to see how you can drive more referrals, word-of-mouth, and user-generated content for your Shopify store.
Get in touch w/ Alan (Founder/CEO - CrewFire):